Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Information and Updates
Updated 7th July 2020
With the announcement of the further opening of tourism and hospitality businesses on the 15th July, work is underway for this to be in place.
Keep checking back on this page for more updates.
Venues Open / opening soon
- Five Sisters Zoo reopened on the 29th June. Online Booking is recommended by clicking here
- Scottish Owl Centre are now open, Online Booking is recommended - available by clicking here
- Jupiter Artland is now open to members only. To find out more about Jupiter Artland membership, click here
- Most Golf Courses have reopened, you can find out more here
- West Lothian Council Parks (Beecraigs, Polkemmet and Almondell & Calderwood) parks can be used for exercise as long as the rules on social distancing are adhered to. Car Parking is available at each site. Please don’t gather at benches, picnic tables etc. However please note there are no toilet facilities.
- The Hideaway Cafe at Beecraigs is open
- Many Garden Centres are open, with some offering delivery.
- The Centre is open for essential shops, as well as takeaway food
- Livingston Designer Outlet will open on Monday 13th July
You are strongly advised to check before you travel to any venue within West Lothian over the coming weeks.
- Aerial Adventures Livingston is closed.
- The Bo'ness and Kinneil Railway will remain closed until the end of September 2020, with all special events being cancelled. You can support their fundraising appeal by clicking here.
- All Historic Environment Scotland Sites within West Lothian are closed, including Linlithgow Palace, Blackness Castle & Cairnpapple Hill. There is currently no set date for re-opening.
- Howden Park Centre has postponed events
- Linlithgow Museum has been closed
- West Lothian Leisure (Xcite) indoor facilities are closed. Outdoor sports facilities will be made available for sports club use from 13 July. Find out more.
- Linlithgow Burgh Halls is now closed
- Eeek Escape Rooms Linlithgow is now closed
- Almond Valley Heritage Centre is now closed
- Linlithgow Union Canal Society has suspended all operations
- Military Museum Scotland is now closed
- Almondell & Calderwood Country Parks Visitor Centre, public toilets, BBQ area and the North car park are closed
- Beecraigs' Visitor Centre (including toilets), Balvormie public toilets and play area, Sutherland Building, Animal Attraction Viewing Shed, Beecraigs Caravan & Camping Site are closed. The Car Park, Hideaway Cafe and Country Park itself is open.