COVID-19 - Information and Updates
Updated 27th October 2020
Please note, a number of new restrictions are in place covering the West Lothian area from Friday 9th October. These include:
- All licensed premises - with the exception of hotels for residents - will be required to close indoors and outdoors. Food takeaways are permitted. Hotels will remain open for residents. Licensed cafes can remain open as long as they do not serve alcohol.
- Snooker and pool halls, indoor bowling alleys, casinos and bingo halls are closed
- If you've already planned to visit the area, there is no need to cancel but you should minimise travel as much as possible and reduce interactions.
- Almond Valley Heritage Centre is now open to all visitors. Advance booking is essential and available here
- Five Sisters Zoo - Online Booking is recommended by available here
- Scottish Owl Centre are now open, Online Booking is recommended - available here
- Most Golf Courses have reopened, you can find out more here
- West Lothian Council Parks (Beecraigs, Polkemmet and Almondell & Calderwood) parks can be used for exercise as long as the rules on social distancing are adhered to. Car Parking is available at each site. Please don’t gather at benches, picnic tables etc. However please note there are no toilet facilities.
- The Hideaway Cafe at Beecraigs is open
- Many Garden Centres are open, with some offering delivery.
- The Centre is now open
- Livingston Designer Outlet is open
- Paradise Island Adventure Golf, within Livingston Designer Outlet, is now open
- Blackness Castle and Linlithgow Palace are now open - visit listings for more details
- Military Museum Scotland is open
- Aerial Adventures Livingston is open, with the softplay remaining closed
Accommodation in West Lothian
- Most accommodation is now open again. You are advised to check with the individual business for more details on any restrictions or for further guidance.
You are strongly advised to check before you travel to any venue within West Lothian over the coming weeks.
- The Bo'ness and Kinneil Railway will remain closed until the end of 2020, with all special events being cancelled. You can support their fundraising appeal by clicking here.
- Jupiter Artland is now closed for the year.
- Howden Park Centre has postponed events
- Linlithgow Museum is closed
- Linlithgow Burgh Halls is now closed
- Linlithgow Union Canal Society has suspended all operations
- Almondell & Calderwood Country Parks Visitor Centre, public toilets, BBQ area and the North car park are closed
- Beecraigs' Visitor Centre (including toilets), Balvormie public toilets and play area, Sutherland Building, Animal Attraction Viewing Shed, Beecraigs Caravan & Camping Site are closed. The Car Park, Hideaway Cafe and Country Park itself is open.